Today was our first day of school. I ABSOLUTELY LOVED MY FIRST DAY
We had so much fun! In the first 5 minutes kids were smiling, laughing, and giving out free hugs. At the end of the day a student said- "It's over already?!?" I was excited to hear that she really didn't want her first day to end. Some students even made comments about what my previous students had told them about me- "_____ told me you were the best teacher to have!" "I'm so happy I got you this year!" Can you believe it?!? I can't, I was honored. I floated on cloud nine all day.
Now about the dog- Funny story-. You know when you use a student in a life example while you explain things (ie. Johnny might like the color red, Timmy might decide to write about a dragon... those kind of examples). Well today I used a student in an example like that "[insert boy's name] might be missing his dog today... " The conversation continued on for about 5more seconds when that cutie patutie interrupts me and says "For the Record, I don't have a dog"----- FOR THE RECORD...omg, how cute. Mind you I teach students with a lower English language proficiency... I almost rolled out of my chair-ADORABLE
I hope all my teacher friends are enjoying their first weeks just as much! - Best of luck and a Good year to all - I might not be so quick to blog w. the first week always being so hectic so I apologize in advance.
Lastly- I'm requesting some help from my blog friends. I hate to say this (don't hate me for it) but I hate very much dislike computer lab. Last year was my first year teaching and I just didn't make computer lab a priority. This year I'm determined to change.... I want to try my best to involve more technology in my classroom. Our computer lab time is 30 minutes once a week and I bring all my little guys up to the lab where they sit at a computer and__________. That's just it, I don't know what to insert there. Last year I had our kids practice math games on the THINK MATH website for our school math program. But after the first 3 months we had done almost every game more than once and the kids started misbehaving and getting loud and bored. So I need your help friends- What do you do during a computer lab period of 30 minutes? What websites do you use? How do you plan for technology in the classroom?
I would start a Linky party to get more help but what I'm getting at is... I'm . not. good. with. computers ....
There I said it!
While we are the topic about my lack of technology skills here are some things I also don't know how to do yet.
- DON'T JUDGE ME
1.) Don't know how the "linky" thing works
2.) Don't know how to download fonts.
3.) Don't know how to upload and share documents
( I wish, I want to start sharing my work... I can email it to you but posting it for download. IDK)
4.) Changing my blog design
(yeah right, it took me a month to figure out the one I have)
I'm sure there is more I can't do, but enjoy mocking these first few for the time being!!
Don't let me fool you, I'm a computer DUMB, DUMB
PLEASE ---- send all your help my way
Thanks




No comments:
Post a Comment