Sunday, August 28, 2011

Classroom Update :)... school starts Tuesday

I'm as ready as I'll ever be... here was my to do list when I left on Friday...
 Just a few things left before the big day. 

My second year teaching will start on Tuesday. I'm feeling both excited and very VERY nervous.

I'm excited for the following reasons: 
1. I only have 15 students... I got rid of one whole table which opened up a lot of space in my room
2. I created a lot of new decorations, posters, and charts to display in my room thanks to Pinterest. (pictures of those to follow)
3. I'm implementing the Daily5 and CAFE for reading
4. My brand new kidney table for Guided Reading :)
5. I have one year under my belt so I feel like a part of the TEAM. 

Now here is why I'm nervous:
1. I haven't been doing a lot of planning (I still don't have the hang of that)
2. I'm worried the Daily 5 and CAFE will be a huge FAIL. 
3. I have wedding planning and the idea of moving closer to school all while trying to teach floating in my mind.
4. I've been told some of my students are pretty low (language and academic) this year and I hope I can get them up to where they belong.

Anywho... My classroom is just about ready for Tuesday. Just a few more things to tidy up and copy and I will be pretty ready for Tuesday... :). I can't believe summer is over AND where going out with a blow... HURRICANE STYLE

Here are some pictures of my classroom for you to enjoy... 
 WELCOME to room 123
Jungle Star- 
This week it features me. Just have to post the last few pictures.
By the door- Reward Board, Dismissal Board and Trash Can
I was going to get rid of the book shelf but they don't have any storage space in our building so for now I have to keep it... Its growing on me. Just have to figure out what I will put there. Maybe my big books. 
Student Mailboxes-
Student Work Display Board- also my teacher storage Cabinets. 
Guided Reading Area- This is my BRAND NEW KIDNEY TABLE... 
My favorite thing this year.
 These plastic pull-out drawers house my guided reading things.
-Dressed them up with some zebra print for fun
Across from the Guided Reading Table- You can see the Word Study Cart from here.
It still needs to be filled with word study activities- Please share some things you do for word study :)
My Daily 5/ CAFE board, under that is my listening station
 Student Tables- Only 4 tables x 4Kids at each =16 seats ... 15kiddos this year :)
Writers Workshop Center and Board-the Board was the same from last year but I didn't hate it.. so I'm keeping it. we'll see what happens. 
 Our Word Wall-still up from last year. Still good
Our Word Study Cart from the back. 
 Math Board- Obviously on my to do list- 
Behavior Chart- & Rug Area. I love my chair :)
 Our Library- New Labels on the baskets. 
Our Book Boxes from Ikea-I'm thinking of having the students personalize them the first week of school. 
 My Desk and Computer


THIS IS SUPER EMBARRASSING
don't judge
This is the behind the scenes look at my closet.
I am determined this year to organize it. 
There just isn't enough time before the school year starts. 

So that's all for now. I think I will be posting again later tonight b/c I have so much more to share. I know its the illegal blogging thing to do but I just can't help it... besides... 
I can't go anywhere with this HURRICANE!!




No comments:

Post a Comment