Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Blog Hoppin

This week I have started working on my classroom... School Starts Tuesday the 30th and they only let us into the building on Monday. Hence the reason I haven't blogged in FOREVER... I'm totally overwhelmed and freaking out... ANYWHO... here's what I'm up to ...

I've joined the Teacher Week Fun at
PLEASE DON'T HATE ME... I'M GOING TO BLOG MORE THAN ONCE TODAY..... BUT I NEED TO CATCH UP.
Check out the website and join the fun 



So lets start w. Meet The Teacher Monday

Something about me..
I am a Second Grade Sheltered English Teacher. This means I teach 2nd graders who's native language is Portuguese and are still in transition to standard English Learning. My first language is English, however I grew up speaking Portuguese at home as my parents are from Portuguese-speaking countries. I still live at home with my parents even though I will be a quarter of a century old in December. Hopefully I will be moving out within the year. I am one of 4 children... being 3rd in line has always been my favorite spot... no role-model pressures but not quite babied either. My hobbies include blogging (though I've neglected as I mentioned before), singing, dancing, spending time with family and friends, as well as occasionally getting crafty.
 Here I am w.  my niece Djaeda (the d is silent)


How Long have I been teaching?
This will be my second year teaching the same grade in the very same classroom :)

You Might Not Know...
I am .... GETTING MARRIED!!! I just got engaged in March of this year and my Wonderful Fiance and I are planning on getting married AUGUST 4, 2011 :)
I am soooo excited... I already bought the dress and we've picked out our venue. Just a few more things to do... let me know if you have any advice... I'd love to hear invitation ideas.




What I look forward to this school year...
Staying in the same grade and the same classroom as well as having only 15 kids this year. Last year I reached 23 by January... glad to have less.
I also look forward to meeting these new cutie pies... I feel in love with my first group of students... I hope my heart is big enough for this new group.

What I wish To Improve...
Organization- I am totally organized when it comes to "a place for everything" but I still feel so unorganized when it comes to planning... still planing day by day :(
Hopefully my binders will help me stay organized

Daily 5/ CAFE- Fingers crossed it all goes well
At least the board looks great!! 

What I can't teach w.out
1.) Coffee
2.) Writing utensils- Sharpies, Mr. Sketch Markers, Flare Pens
3.) To Do Lists / Post it Notes
4.) LOVE & Patients

Hope You've enjoyed ... Check out my next post for "Teacher Talk Tuesday"

1 comment:

  1. something is totally wrong with my link button when i post... I put in the URL to credit posts and other blogs the their link doesn't come up!!! What do I do???

    ReplyDelete